alternative title for godparent

My daughter has a 'spirit mother' because that is the name that the person in the equivalent position of godmother wanted to be called. Log in to Reply. And it will be in all legal paperwork stating that they will be the "guardians" if need be, but it would just be weird for me to hear the kids say "oh yeah, that is my guardian...." it sounds like we are already dead. IMO the siblings already have a role as they are uncle/auntie. I … They would have been my guardians had something happened to my parents. © 2020 Everyday Health, Inc. I guess what I am looking for is to give the baby two more people in her life that she can go to as she is growing up who isn't her parents. EDD - October 13, 2011 - Can't wait to meet our little one! Does anyone have a creative idea for how to incorporate something like this without a specific religion? I like the idea of a naming ceremony, its seems like a nice way to celebrate baby with friends and family. We are having a naming ceremony and bubs will have adults that will act in that mentor type role just without the religion, just a lot of the name options sound clunky.Anyone here done something similar? My friends have ended up referring to us as godparents now but obviously no christening ever took place, just a ceremonial back garden party.I think most people pick close family friends. My daughter has a 'spirit mother' because that is the name that the person in the equivalent position of godmother wanted to be called. His fiance is Catholic. June 2011 in October 2011 Moms. April 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Pic. "Oddparents" were given the brief to say a little something - a couple of them chose to make promises, the others found readings that they liked and which were meaningful to the occasion. Non religious alternatives for godparents? As in : 'SIL is ... Fairy parent, it's just like a godparent' but we aren't using that title. I found this a bit bland, and we when we went to a Humanist funeral with DS as a tiny baby, I realised that this was what was right for us. But will be using the term godparents. reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. I'm a naming celebrant and though most that we do have pagan overtones, we also do secular/non religious namings. That depends on what youre actually selling in my opinion. Not sure, hope this is helpful! I am an "oddparebt" to my niece we had a lovely naming ceremony and three of us chisen pledged our support to her throughout her life. We are in the same boat too! [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]. I do sometimes call them 'guide parents'. Coty Koricanek on 09/08/2017 at 3:49 pm . : Ok,I love the concept of godparents as in a close friend whom you want to signify with a special link to your child. My two best friends are my ds's godparents and soon to be dd's godparents. hoping some of the ladies on the board have some good ideas! This discussion is archived and locked for posting. Useful for baptisms, birthdays, mothers day, and more. In our circle of friends there are a few "science parents"! he suggested we start our own religion so we can have something equivalent to god parenta - haha. Start by selecting which of these best describes you! The godparents are either called "godparents", "guardians", "sponsors". I always had 'godparents' but not legally or religiously. I want our child to have godparents for more of the legal reason, in case anything did happen to dh or I. I agree. Julie822. Synonyms for organizer include controller, coordinator, designer, developer, director, manager, planner, promoter, arranger and facilitator. [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/r1zj9f.jpg[/IMG]. thank you for posting this - my husband and I are in the exact same boat. They are basically second parents to my ds and he loves them like they are. We respect everyone’s right to express their thoughts and opinions as long as they remain respectful of other community members, and meet What to Expect’s Terms of Use. Another word for patron. My husband and I were talking about this tonight and want to name some “Godparents” for our child however, we aren’t religious and are wondering what alternative titles you’ve used or heard of.Really, we love the idea of having a friend or family... my boyfriend and i are not religious and we are not raising our three year with any religious influences. We have also decided to consider the people who would get the kids (if something happened to us) as their "godparents". He asked me lots of question concerning Godparents. Anyway, my cousin asked me if there was any way to “change” Godparents once they’re already been chosen. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. A godparent serves God in developing a close-knit relationship with the child, encouraging through a Christian light whenever possible. We know that "godparents" are supposed to help with the religious upbringing and everything....but since we are not religious, we made up our own version of "godparents". Thanks for sticking with us for a full year. A way of celebrating and marking and occassion, with no religion, and very personal to us. We dont really go to church or anything or follow anything but we call them godparents for lack of a better name. DH has been suggesting "Earth Parents," but that sounds a little odd. What's like godparents role but for non-religious? In all ways other than the religious guidance it's exactly the same role and I take it just as seriously. TTC since 3/2009. My friends just did their own party at home but something official a bit like a christening but without the religion sounds really nice. Oh that is nice that they do it in the registry office now! Find more ways to say patron, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. A godparent (also known as a sponsor, or gossiprede), in many denominations of Christianity, is someone who bears witness to a child's christening and later is willing to help in their catechesis, as well as their lifelong spiritual formation. Now is the perfect time to start your Baby Registry! I had Godparents growing up and was not raised in a religious home. This. However, I really like the idea of Godparents, especially because our baby won't have a lot of Aunts and Uncles and I just like the idea of honoring two friends as an important person to us and the baby. Archived discussions are usually a bit older and not as active as other community content. Its just a name if you make it just a name. Started seeing RE in 5/10. Neither of us are religious, so we won't be getting the baby christened and therefore technical godparents is out.How do non-religious folk give out a role like that and what is it called?I'm lost at where to start with this, In the civil baby naming ceremonies I have attended we have had the title of 'supporter'.HTH. The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. - £100 voucher to be won, Your questions about the Green Homes Grant have been answered by the experts from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Energy Saving Trust. May I ask, if it's not religious, and you don't like your SIL and they won't be the child's guardians ...does there need to be "godparents" at all? Get weekly updates on baby and your body. Other words I have come for this role are "Spirit Guides" and "Sponsors". Share your tips on how you style your children’s hair - £100 voucher to be won, Let’s talk kids and gaming! Each holiday, so I guess about 6 times a year. We are in the same situation....my sister and DH's bff will be the 'god parents';  they will have that title, just for the sake of making things easy, even though the lack of religion has been made clear.

Hungry Hobo 7 Turkey Sandwich, Japanese For Beginners Pdf, Chinese Okra Seeds For Sale, Natural Resources Of Assam, Red Wine Price In Delhi 2020, Air Fryer Menchi Katsu, How To Pronounce Ticket, Canada Scholarships 2020 For Pakistani Students, Ikea Gersby Bookcase Instructions,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply