bible verses reflection mirror

Many women live in a house of mirrors, believing distorted interpretations of who they are — and the devil polishes that mirror of deception daily. God wants us to do the same thing. Romans 12:2 — "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be … I knew the verses were the infallible Word of God, but I felt rather squeamish hearing them, reading them, believing them. I know it's hard sometimes, but just like a mirror has to be in front of the object it's reflecting, you had to stand in front of Jesus to reflect his image. Sunday School Lessons & Children's Church Curriculum. He can make you the perfect mirror so that people will see what he is like and what is Jesus like. They look into the mirror and see words that don’t match the truth about who God created them to be. © 2018 by Sharon Jaynes. (Romans 8:1) We walked through maze-like halls, giggling at the distorted images. Enjoy watching! Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. We're not all perfect and we accept God's grace because of that. (Philippians 4:13). Later we will see him face to face. You might expect me to say, “But then I met Jesus and all my insecurities miraculously disappeared.” Oh, I wish that were the case … but that little insecure, lost girl grew up to become an insecure Christian woman. He is kind and thoughtful. They look into the mirror of success and see the word failure. Eventually, an older woman in my church told me it was time to renew my mind with the truth of who I was, what I had and where I was (my position) as a child of God. You are reconciled through Christ’s life. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. I was in the sixth grade when I first ventured into the House of Mirrors at my hometown county fair — a mere 12 years old. They can reflect light, colors, and images. The Bible says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,” (Romans 12:2a). It wasn’t until I was in my mid-30s that I began to look into the only mirror that really matters: God’s truth. I grew up there. You are dearly loved. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. NIV: New International Version I did not like the one I knew best. Mirrors have been around for hundreds of years and they pretty much have one purpose: to reflect. And that’s what I’m challenging you to do today. Tall and lanky. Short and stubby. But I had a choice to make. There are a lot of Christians around the world who are not liked because they reflect like Jesus and not themselves or the world. (Romans 5:9) CCPA - Do not sell my personal information, © Children's Ministry DealsEcommerce Software by Shopify, Elementary Ministry Curriculum (Ages 6-12). For decades, feelings of inferiority, insecurity and inadequacy held me captive to a “less-than” life. After all, God’s truth is the only “mirror” that matters. I don't think you have blue or green skin. Except he doesn't want us to reflect ourselves, he wants us to reflect the image of Jesus Christ. All Rights Reserved. They look into the mirror of competence and see the word inadequate. Except he doesn't want us to reflect ourselves, he wants us to reflect the image of Jesus Christ. What’s one biblical truth you can use to combat the lies that feed your greatest insecurity? All rights reserved. Head to sharonjaynes.com to join the Mindset Reset — a 7-day journey to transform your thought life by replacing lies that steal your confidence with God’s truth. I was misshaped by others’ words interpreted by a needy little girl who just wanted to be accepted and loved. (1 Corinthians 2:16) Learn More, In a day and time when the world is trying to quiet biblical truth, Proverbs 31 Ministries is determined to help women engage with God’s truth like never before through the resources we offer each day. They look into the mirror of performance and see the words not good enough. They look into the mirror of comparison and see the word inferior. Sign up to receive our helpful, informative and sometimes humorous deal emails :-). Learn to silence the lies that say you’re not enough, and preload your mind with truth that says you are. Help me renew my mind with Your truth and see myself as You see me, no matter how beautiful it may be. I’d read those verses scattered throughout Scripture before, but when she encouraged me to cluster them all together, God began a new work in my mind and heart. Contemporary English Version Now all we can see of God is like a cloudy picture in a mirror. Christian Standard Bible For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror, but then face to face. They can show things the way they really are. In Enough: Silencing the Lies that Steal Your Confidence, Sharon Jaynes exposes the lies keeping you bogged down in shame, insecurity and feelings of inadequacy. You can do all things through Christ. The best mirrors are flat and they have the perfect reflecting surface. You are a saint. 2 Corinthians 3:5, “Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.” (NIV), John 8:32, “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (NLT). They look into the mirror of intelligence and see the word stupid. She encouraged me to make a list of my true identity. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. They look into the mirror of acceptance and see the word rejected. Privacy Policy, Enough: Silencing the Lies that Steal Your Confidence. But of all the sideshows at the carnival, the House of Mirrors captured my attention. Children’s Ministry Deals offers fun & creative ideas for children's church lessons. Big Idea: Reflect Jesus to others through your actions. For hours we gave cash to various carnival characters, in hopes of winning a silly prize or a cheesy piece of jewelry we’d never wear. You are justified by Christ’s blood. (Romans 5:10) You are chosen. James 1:24 Some people may not like what they see. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known. Heavenly Father, sometimes I tend to believe the lies from my past rather than the truth of Scripture. Because Jesus Christ was the only perfect being, who came down to live on this earth. He doesn't do bad things, and he loves all people. To be wise or foolish is a choice. The Bible says, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind,” (Romans 12:2a). They can show things the way they really are. Stop listening to lies that sabotage your confidence, and embrace the truth of who God says you are. Was I going to believe God told the truth? Can you imagine what it was like before they invented mirrors? Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like." They look into the mirror of confidence and see the word insecure. Use this object lesson on reflecting Jesus to teach kids what it means to be a Christian. You are holy. My friends and I ran from booth to booth, suckered into paying good money to play rigged games. They probably only had a lake or a pond to look at? Proverbs 14:1 – Bible Verse and Reflection The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down. If you reflect Jesus with your actions and what you say, people will see what it's like to become a Christian, and they may want to become Christians too. You have the mind of Christ. Lived there for years. (Colossians 3:12) This is a mirror. God wants us to do the same thing. I now realize women all around the world grow up with a distorted view of who they really are. Deep inside, in a place no one knew existed, I longed for another version of me. So next time you look at yourself in a mirror, think about how you can reflect Jesus's face today. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. You are free from condemnation through Christ’s death. And even then, it wasn't an accurate reflection. They look into the mirror of value and see the word worthless. Can he be like that? (Ephesians 1:1) I know the House of Mirrors well. They look into the mirror of sufficiency and see the words not enough … period. Ever believed you’re not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough … or just not enough, period? We've included the text for this object lesson below and we even recorded a video to help give you ideas for how to teach it. https://www.bible.com/bible/111/1CO.13.12.NIV, Encounter His Love // Receive God's Gifts For You, Five Fundamentals For Your Devotional Life, Practicing The Presence Of God: Old Habits For A New Year, The Dream of You: A 5-Day YouVersion By Jo Saxton, Presence 4: Arts That Inspire Reflection & Prayer, The Perspective To See Benefits Of Difficulty, Valentine’s Day: Experiencing Holidays With Jesus, Sacred Holidays: A Devotional Leading Up To Valentine's Day, 5-Day Commentary Challenge - 1 Corinthians 13-14, Driven By A Better Love: Video Devotions From Time Of Grace, The Essential 100® Bible Challenge–19–The Apostles' Teaching. (Ephesians 1:11) (Colossians 1:22). These truths were right there on the pages of my Bible in black and white, and a few in red. With 100+ Bible-based curriculum packages to keep your kids engaged, you'll find the perfect children's ministry resources for your Sunday School and kids ministry classes. Proverbs 31 Ministries is a non-denominational, non-profit Christian ministry that seeks to lead women into a personal relationship with Christ, with Proverbs 31:10-31 as a guide. Please share in the comments your truth as we would like to pray that this truth shines brighter than the lie. Eventually, an older woman in my church told me it was time to renew my mind with the truth of who I was, what I had and where I was (my position) as a child of God. Give Now, Copyright 2020 Proverbs 31 Ministries. Do what it says. Let’s silence the lies stealing our confidence and look into the mirror of God’s truth. The best mirrors are flat and they have the perfect reflecting surface. I looked at the various versions of myself and tried to decide which I liked best. Let’s decide to silence the inner critic holding us hostage. I decided that although the verses about my true identity as a child of God felt uncomfortable, I was going to believe God. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. You have to use Jesus as your role model and he will reflect himself through you.

Japanese Kit Kat Flavors 2019, Yadgir Zilla Panchayat Members List, Organic Grass Fed Whey Protein Isolate, M3/min To Kg/s Air, Intelligence Analyst Signals Air Force, Mentos Fruit Chewing Gum, Amanda Ward Linkedin, Making Suggestions Esl, Bring Me Down Song,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply