blitz the ambassador burial of kojo

To say, “No you cannot participate in this.” To me, that’s unfair because the world cannot yet calculate how much it loses on a daily, hourly, minute basis by exclusion of black and brown voices. If you ask the average person how many African films they've seen, it'll baffle you. Taking leave from his home in Brooklyn and returning to the country of his birth was a fateful decision that Samuel Bazawule (Blitz the Ambassador) credits as the inspiration for his first feature film, The Burial of Kojo. (3). Making this film I was very focused on nuclear relationships. It’s a dream and it’s a platform that opens your work to the world. Blitz's feature directorial debut 'The Burial Of Kojo' premiered at Urbanworld Film Festival where it won Best Narrative Feature (World Cinema). Kwabena, however, says that the past is the past, and wants Kojo to join him in illegal small-scale gold mining to make money. Whenever you make movies like these, they get catch-alls. So for me, it was very important that that was present. For me, my storytelling genesis begins with my grandmother's stories. Blitz Bazawule is a filmmaker and musician born in Ghana and based in New York. Africa is so rich visually, from fabrics in the marketplace to what the clay looks like, to what the earth looks like. [Esi] says, "You know if you leave me, I will turn into the wind, disappear into thin air and find you." The Burial of Kojo is a 2018 drama film set in Ghana, written and directed by Blitz Bazawule.Filmed entirely in Ghana on a micro-budget, with local crew and several first-time actors, the film tells the story of Kojo (Joseph Otsiman), who is left to die in an abandoned gold mine, as his young daughter Esi (newcomer Cynthia Dankwa) travels through a spirit land to save him. On making the transition from music to film. By pledging you agree to Kickstarter's Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy. The modern fable of a young girl navigating the spirit realm to find her father after his mysterious disappearance, the film takes place entirely in Ghana, using a cast and crew made up almost entirely of locals. One Ghanaian creative making inroads in Hollywood after the release of his personal movie, ‘The Burial of Kojo’ is filmmaker and musician Samuel Bazawule, popularly known as Blitz the Ambassador. [PHOTOS], 11 Times Nia Long Proved That Black Doesn’t…, Ciara Channels Cardi B For Halloween [PHOTOS]. It was about mirroring what I know. The rapper, who also goes by Blitz The Ambassador has gone for years under the radar as both a musician and filmmaker, creating works that align both with his vision and his personal history. Did you find your worlds somewhat colliding since you’re a musician? If we're going to make a film, then we should be adding to the canon of filmmaking, but specifically to the canon of African filmmaking. Bazawule spoke with NPR's Michel Martin about the project. Blitz Bazawule is raising funds for The Burial Of Kojo on Kickstarter! On the review aggregator website, Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 100% based on 7 reviews, with a weighted average of 9.25/10. Welcome to popular music site IsraBox! I write films very musically, I write music very visually. On IsraBox you can listen music for review is also you can download music albums. I've been a visual artist since I was a kid — I've made music, and I felt cinema was the logical next step. Which is quite insane in my opinion. I'm always baffled because it's clear that whoever's coloring this has probably never been to the content, or definitely hasn't walked through the marketplace, because when you do, you realize that color comes at you. Get you name in the opening credits of the film with an Executive Producer Credit.

Boutique Hotels Tuscany, Winter Diet Plan For Weight Loss, Hitman Movie Swords, Strategic Value Partners, Llc, Deadly Class Billy And Petra,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply