buxton inn, founders hall

On the upside, the front desk staff was friendly...I asked them if all the rooms were the same price and was told they were. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Location also provides easy access to many nearby attractions. We started with a glass of wine, I got the Merlot and my wife ordered the Riesling. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. The shower itself has 3 shower heads to choose from and is redone in marble and glass. It was very comfortable and recently … On the upside, the front desk staff was friendly...I asked them if all the rooms were the same price and was told they were. © 2020 Travelscape LLC, An Expedia Group Company. By clicking on or navigating the site, you agree to our use of cookies. Wonderful meal last Friday evening at the newly renovated Buxton Inn. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the Travelocity User Agreement and Privacy Policy. more. We were in Granville for the night and wanted to stay somewhere cute and not corporate, and the Buxton Inn seemed to fit the bill. Continental breakfast would have been better if bread were available for toast. We didn't find it noisy as others had complained, although on the final night there was a cat meowing outside the window for quite some time. Lock in the lowest price from these sites. It is not a quiet place! It really needs replaced. We stayed in Founders Hall adjacent to the historic Buxton Inn, but not part of the original historic Inn. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. The only draw back, with the room, is the shower head. Location also provides easy access to many nearby attractions. It was very private, and we had a lovely view of flowers and fountains, still a work in … Thank you for stopping in for wine, grouper, and salmon, and I'm glad you had a lovely conversation with our fellow guests. Try signing in with CONNECTED_THIRD_PARTY_NAMES or use another email address. Please see our partners for more details. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. I do not understand how you can charge $190.00 for a room in this condition! This site uses cookies to improve your experience, to enhance site security and to show you personalised advertising. It would have also been nice if there was a hallway light when we came back after dinner as it was pitch black going up the stairs but for our cellphones.The clerk who checked us in was great, he helped us with the wifi (which was kind of slow), and extra towels, but the clerk later that night was not as helpful when our toilet clogged.The continental breakfast was basic, store bought yogurt, 3 breakfast cereals (bran flakes, Cheerios and Corn Pops) plus granola, muffins, coffee, tea and orange juice.It was really cute and there was a great porch with a beautiful blooming dogwood tree and flag outside, but we weren't able to get the good night's sleep we had hoped for. Continental breakfast would have been better if bread were available for toast. My wife and I chose the Buxton Inn over the very busy restaurant across the street, and are we glad we did. We were in the Munson Queen room, in Founders Hall, for one night. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. I don't consider myself a light sleeper and got 3 hours of sleep. Room types may vary. NOT.There were zero spots to park at the hotel, so we had to park blocks away.As the rooms have no numbers on them, I cannot warn you about the exact one we stayed in...the bed creaked so badly we had to sleep at the foot end, the mattress and pillows were older than the building, the towels were skimpy, the faucet dripped, the toilet didn't flush, the furnishings were tired, the stained,plastic shower unit had holes where they pulled out the doors. We will be back to stay overnight in the near future. more, Lock in the lowest price from these sites. I stayed with a group of friends on a ghost tour so I was able to see three guestrooms, one was a little cottage. Thank you for stopping in for wine, grouper, and salmon, and I'm glad you had a lovely conversation with our fellow guests. This is a very old Inn, so those expecting top notch modern amenities should look elsewhere, but it's part of the charm of the Buxton. I left my name and number for the manager to give me a call...no such luck.The street view and grounds look like nice and seems like a good spot for a party or event, but be sure to inquire about your room.Very disappointing. Wonderful meal last Friday evening at the newly renovated Buxton Inn. We arrived on a Friday at 6:30pm and were one of the first to be seated. Parking wasn't an issue, parked in the lot every night. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The bathroom was remodeled and very nice, except the lack of shelving/storage (there is literally no where to put soap etc in the shower and no vanity or shelf near the sink either). If you are into noisy, old accommodations this is the place for you! We stayed in Founders Hall adjacent to the historic Buxton Inn, but not part of the original historic Inn. We started with a glass of wine, I got the Merlot and my wife ordered the Riesling. Please check you have entered your email address correctly before continuing. The Buxton Inn is being consistently renovated by it's owners as they are clearly focused on this Inn being a big draw in Granville! Thank you very much for taking the time to send us a review! It certainly remains in good hands! Parking wasn't an issue, parked in the lot every night. The shower itself has 3 shower heads to choose from and is redone in marble and glass. We arrived on a Friday at 6:30pm and were one of the first to be seated. Send me emails with travel deals, special offers, and other information. I left my name and number for the manager to give me a call...no such luck.The street view and grounds look like nice and seems like a good spot for a party or event, but be sure to inquire about your room.Very disappointing. Historic Buxton Inn, Granville Picture: Founders Hall - Guest House - Check out Tripadvisor members' 1,366 candid photos and videos of Historic Buxton Inn All the best, Jennifer V., General Manager. My wife and I chose the Buxton Inn over the very busy restaurant across the street, and are we glad we did. It was very private, and we had a lovely view of flowers and fountains, still a work in progress, but a very beautiful courtyard to enjoy peace and quiet from main street activity. These buildings are historical and have a great deal of character. Ask LordThomMohr about Historic Buxton Inn, Ask davidlT9381BF about Historic Buxton Inn, Ask jennifera603 about Historic Buxton Inn, Hotels near Centenary United Methodist Church, Hotels near Sostenuto Arts Polish Pottery, Hotels near (CMH) Port Columbus Intl Airport, Hotels near Ohio State University, Newark Campus, Hotels near C-TEC Career & Technology Education Centers, We compared the lowest prices from 13 websites, We compared the lowest prices from 10 websites, We compared the lowest prices from 15 websites, We compared the lowest prices from 14 websites, We compared the lowest prices from 9 websites.

Core Functions Of Public Health Pdf, World's Largest Pension Funds, Lemon Cream Cheese Bars Southern Living, Slow Cooker Apricot Jam, Importance Of Biotechnology In Medicine, Government Pleader Meaning, Ancient Egyptian Burial Practices, Mixing Female Vocals,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply