coconut flour chocolate chip cookies

Sooooo delightful – I doubled the recipe and somehow they only lasted a day or two with my hungry kids (and me…) <3 Thank you for this!! Thanks for posting recipes like this for people like me who can’t have certain foods! Thank you! FOUR different ways. It was just a cross between family recipes for cookies and my own special touch of imagination. Pingback: Coconut Flour Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies – Health is a Journey, Pingback: What I Ate This Week | Hummusapien. I substituted the regular brown sugar for stevia brown sugar and used bittersweet chocolate chips (less sugar). So as not to get a burnt bottom, I did flip the cookies over and bake an additional 3 min. All sounds like good ideas, Christy! I used 1/2 cup white and 1/2 brown and they were perfect. I am in love. Is that normal for this recipe? Nonetheless nice job on the recipe as coconut flour is HARD to work with! Well I'm glad that I came up with it as are my family and friends. I used coconut sugar and nutiva coconut flour. couldn’t hold its shape. Will these turn out OK if I double the batch?? I substituted the brown sugar for granulated sweetener. I’m super impressed with this recipe! TIME! The taste was perfect. Oh my gosh. While edible, I wouldn’t have bought them at the store. Next time I make them I will flatten them a bit before baking, as they stayed in balls. Well… tried this recipe and the dough was WAY too thin. Thanks! i think 3 flax eggs wouldve worked too! I do change the recipe a little because they tend to be a little greasy. Easy and delicious. But I’m not sure how any of these substitutions would come out. Half a cup of flour doesnt seem right..my dough is runny :-(, Hmm bummer! I feel like everyone is so YAY COCONUT FLOUR right now. Hi Martha! I have made them a couple times and I double the recipe, use coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Glad I did because they were perfectly baked. A raw ball of cookie dough was about gold ball size. I used Coconut Sugar instead of brown sugar. I can’t wait to try these! These were AWESOME. Can I make these and bake it in an 8×8 pan like bar cookies? This looks really good. These are so yummy and a new fave thanks so much! These were delish but they stayed in rounded ball shape… any thoughts on why? The only thing I could think of would be maybe you and me used a different coconut flour? Trying not to use sugar, Haven’t tried not using sugar. I think the trick is to chill in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes and do 1 tbl ground flax to 3 tbl water. Thank you for the recipe and the trial and error. Thanks! These are amazing! Am guessing baking time was about 12 minutes. Am just sitting down with my glass of milk to do them justice! I made these cookies using coconut flour from the bulk section at Winco and it worked just fine! window that you cited for maximum tastiness. Thanks for the positive feedback! I worked well! ENJOY! Guess what… I made cookies!!! I haven’t tried! Thanks for this recipe!! Coconut flour can be tricky. Thank you for the recipe. Hi Gilian! Stir in coconut flour and baking soda. Required fields are marked *. Definitely tricky to figure this out properly. Dee, Your email address will not be published. Used 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 2.5 tablespoons of pb2 and half/half of semisweet chips and peanut butter chips…perfect late night snack!!! Pretty sure before i had done 1 to 1 and maybe that didnt work? This blog is all about listening to hunger/fullness over numbers. That sounds like a good idea. They are amazing:). That sugar amount looks like a lot – that was for a doubled recipe. Made these tonight and they turned out excellent!!! Although I measured out the coconut flour, I think I used a little too much since my cookies turned out a little more flour-y muffin- like- perhaps it got a little too packed. I think it might’ve been the butter. These really are the best! Also mine stayed in a ball shape which hours look like the flattened some to look more cookie like. These cookies are super delish!!! I find it interferes with intuitive eating and listening/honoring to cravings. Makes the cookies taste cookie-y! Made these tonight, made 8 cookies, baked them for 16 minutes, bottoms were firm but overall cookie seems undercooked. Just made a batch and it looks so good, the texture and soft are def there but they had a small smell and tadte of egg. I’m glad I found this recipe thank you so much ….I made it this eve and they came out wonderful just the way your recipe said they would! LOL. :D, wahooooo! I love this recipe. My mistake was in storing them in Tupperware which softened the perfectly crispy edges. i use honey instead of sugar and coconut oil instead of butter! I don't usually give a recipe 5 stars unless I love it. So I put them in a zip lock and left them on the table at room temp and went on with my day. Oh my- We do love a cookie in our house and these sound amazing. This is my favorite: http://immaeatthat.com/2017/11/06/the-best-cookies-to-keep-in-your-freezer-for-anytime-cookie-eating/. Thank you! but it IS similar to the typical coconut flour consistency that I am used to with my coconut flour pancakes. 85 calories; protein 0.9g 2% DV; carbohydrates 10.8g 4% DV; fat 4.7g 7% DV; cholesterol 11.9mg 4% DV; sodium 76.6mg 3% DV. Thanks so much for this super soft cookie recipe! Not sure! These taste delicious. Yum. Stir in dark chocolate or chocolate chips. I just made these with coconut flour and coconut oil and they turned out completely flat (not cookies at all). Hi Ashley! I know the recipe says chocolate “chip” cookies buttttt I actually used chocolate chunks in the first 2 trials of these. I’m sure there are people who’s tastebuds are like yours and would enjoy another cookie better. Hope you enjoyed them! I need your help. Add in eggs, butter, vanilla and chopped chocolate. Has anyone tried it? I rolled the cookie dough into balls and they were more rustic looking like a drop cookie, not smooth, but made no difference to me. No, not a classic chocolate chip cookie, but it’s a coconut flour cookie that’s tasty! I’ve made these several times and they have always been good. So I attempted this recipe because my friend just found out she can’t have gluten and I wanted to make her treats, I added a tbsp of dark cocoa powder, 1/2 tbsp of red dye, and used white chocolate chips to make a red velvet cookie…. Should I freeze them before? If you like chocolate and coconut together I think you'll love this cookie. I just made these and they were absolutely amazing! First, I have to say how quick and easy they were to make!! My first time with coconut flour, glad I found this recipe for first time success. The cookies need the structure that real eggs provide. Either way, yay! Disappointed in this recipe. But still yummy!! Next time I’ll use vanilla- and actual baking soda… I bet they’ll be even more amazing! I used a flax egg and white sugar mixed with a few table spoons of honey instead of eggs and brown sugar. I came up with this scrumptious recipe one day, just trying to find a way to use the bag of coconut flakes sitting in the cupboard. I used brown sugar truvia they turned out great. Fingers crossed they turn out looking like yours. Trying to make them diabetic friendly I used 1/2 stevia, 1/2 coconut sugar as well as added pecans, abs Lilly’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips! Think this would be good without it then? I made these cookies before using a recipe I found on a bag of coconut sugar. Hi Ranjani, the cookies don’t flatten much on their own. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I made these for the first time today. 1 teaspoon vanilla (or vanilla bean paste) You could try! Made these yesterday. I love seeing the American version of cadbury it’s so weird haha! Thank you:). Yours look way more brown or yellow. Thanks so much for sharing :), Can you sub brown sugar for maple syrup or honey? Haha. Maybe you’re already using it? I made more than 9 cookies, because they would’ve been huge! .but this one took the cake.. ..or should I say cookie! Just made these and they are DELICIOUS! Combine until a thin dough forms. Just because the baking soda needs something acidic to reactive with in a recipe to work like lemon or yogurt. What did i miss :-(. The chocolate I used is also made with coconut sugar (Evolved brand? As a diabetic I am experimenting with non-traditional flours and stevia. Best cookies I’ve ever made, honestly. I want to try them using some added things like pecans or maybe even pumpkin puree somehow. I used 2 TBS chocolate instead of chocolate chips added a bit of honey( just because). Hi Kylie, I love coconut, and I love chocolate chip cookies, but these just didn't "wow" me. Any idea how to fix this? Amount is based on available nutrient data. Even people who aren’t health conscious loves these. 1/2 cup coconut flour These cookies are best eaten 15-30 minutes after they come out of the oven. cookies didn’t rise– batter did not come out sticky, it was too wet and pliable. Just recently went gluten free and started using coconut flour. FABULOUS!! Is this normal or am I just a terrible baker? Can I sub in something for eggs? This recipe restored my faith in coconut flour! I followed your instructions exactly and they turned out perfect!!! Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Thanks for letting me know, Jasmine:) So glad you’re enjoying them!!! Errmm YES. I am new to the coconut flour craze so any more recipes using it would be great!! The coconut cookie balls did not flat out. Sooooo I’m a bit late to the party but these cookies are AMAZING! These were not a disappointment! Turned out amazing! Also I add more coconut and instead of all semi-sweet chocolate chips I use a variety of whatever kind I have on hand.

Ghee Calories 1 Tsp, Tvs Zest 110 Matte Series, Greater Accra Population, When Do Babies Start Kissing And Hugging, Oxime Ir Spectrum, Pink Macaroons Recipe, Accent Chairs Clearance Set Of 2, Dreams Ex Display Beds,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply