coconut washboard cookies

Amount is based on available nutrient data. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Your email address will not be published. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window). Using a fork score the top of the cookies to make grooves. Beat in vanilla, coconut extract, the whole egg and egg yolk. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Congrats! You can free form the rectangular shape, but it’s much easier to form a log and slice them while the dough is still firm. How to make Coconut Washboard Cookies: Preheat oven to 375 °F. Ingredients 2 cups all purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp kosher salt 1/2 cup room temp unsalted butter 1 cup brown sugar 1 large egg 2 tbsp water 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp coconut extract 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Add egg, water, vanilla and coconut extract and mix until well combined. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Mix flour with baking powder, spices and salt and set aside. Copyright © 2020 Kawaling Pinoy Tasty Recipes. Divide dough into two equal parts. Info. Required fields are marked *. Intense coconut flavor with molasses undertones from the brown sugar. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes. Formed the dough into two 8 inch logs placed them in the freezer until hard. Roughly form the dough into a rectangle the size of the height and width you'd like your cookies to be. Your email address will not be published. Beat in vanilla , coconut extract, the whole egg and egg yolk. Coconut Washboards Cookies 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup shortening 2 cups packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1/4 cup water 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 4 cups all-purpose flour 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup flaked coconut 98 calories; protein 1g 2% DV; carbohydrates 12.8g 4% DV; fat 4.8g 7% DV; cholesterol 15.3mg 5% DV; sodium 57.1mg 2% DV. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Put logs 3 inches apart on buttered baking sheets. These cookies taste almost like I remember them.I used a Pastry blender instead of a fork made the job very easy. Coconut washboard cookies are an old fashioned cookie with a small cult-like following. These rectangular shaped cookies are shaped into a wash board and mixed with desiccated coconut. After striking out at the grocery store and online, I figured I’d make my own. Add the flour mixture, blending well. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. You can make these cookies in any occasions and you can also store them in a cookie jar for later consumption. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Romans 15:13 Easy, Ravnica City Of Guilds D&d, Trinidad Tamarind Sauce Recipe, How Long Do Eggplant Plants Live, Good Culture Probiotic Shots Reviews, Tamarind Tree Root System, How Many Calories In Fruit Loops With Milk, Vegan Peanut Butter Cups, Making Bread At Home, Airtel Router Price,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply