fried peanut butter banana sandwich

It’s no pressure, no fuss, just my husband and The King spinning records and eating Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwiches. That’s when I found it. I love it! Layer bacon, bananas and 1 tablespoon of blackberry jam on top of the peanut butter. If you are allergic to peanuts you can use almond butter or a similar product. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Place 2 pieces of white bread in the toaster on a light setting. Nigella’s recommends mashing the bananas (not a bad idea). . Congrats. Air Fryer Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of peanut butter; 4 slices of bread; 1 banana, sliced; Simple Directions: Start by spreading the peanut butter to one side of each bread. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. Place the two sides together to form a sandwich, then butter the bread on top. And it's the best sandwich I've ever had! Arcade Restaurant: Try the "Elvis" (Deep-fried peanut butter and banana sandwich like The King ate! Slice and serve, Wow, I saw it and thought, naa surely not! ;). Cook the bacon in a medium sized frying or saute pan. Heat skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons butter. I’d always heard that Elvis liked peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but I’d never tried one until today. Just changed my dinner plans! Oh my gosh, were these fried banana sandwiches delicious! Okay, sounds crazy but it's delicious! Just cook them long enough to get them hot, really, and they will give up their juice when you smash them with a fork. Use the other bread, and place it over the bananas. We love hearing from you! Stir and cook to desired thickness. Try it and see. Heat some butter in a frypan and fry the sandwich on both sides until brown, adding more butter as needed. Best Pumpkin Recipes for Desserts, Dinners & More, « Chicken Green Chile Casserole – Lightened Up. Even my most recent addition to a library already bursting with bad-taste titles, Liberace Cooks!, can't lose him his crown. It’s this sandwich that’s since become known as The Elvis, and variations of the King’s signature snack appear on … Celebrate the King’s birthday today by making his amazing Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwich withBacon Recipe. I Think I found It , Yes! While the bread is toasting, in a small bowl, using a fork mash the ripe banana until it reaches a smooth consistency. If you want to raise the bar one more notch, dip the sandwich in beaten egg and make peanut butter and banana French toast! His take included two pieces of bread, spread thick with creamy peanut butter, topped with sliced or mashed banana, crowned with thick strips of bacon, and fried in a skillet. Make sure butter does not burn. A single sentence that gave me the feeling that this was something special. Calories are already being discounted by making this dish so why not! Plus to celebrate the king is just a bonus! This looks fantastic and a wonderful play on my favorite sandwich. Lightly toast the bread, and then spread the peanut butter on one piece and the banana on the other. I was surprised by this. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. This is the most fun sandwich EVER. Use wholemeal bread if you want a healthier snack.  -  Spread the peanut butter mixture on 4 slices of bread and cover with banana … Only complaint I have is Elvis din't call it banana, he called it a "nanna" or a "nanner." After following link after link from the Graceland site it’s self, I stumbled onto a description of the way Elvis’ mother, Gladys, made the sandwich. I’ll have to admit that we started our birthday celebrations a little early. Tastes great, but not something you should eat often. 14 Feb 2015. I will definitely try this. This article has been viewed 12,151 times. Spread the mashed banana on the other side and sandwich the two pieces of bread together. Slice the bananas into 1/4-inch thick slices. The flour must have sealed in some of the banana flavor and their taste was detected more easily in the sandwich. Something went wrong. It was delicious but, I found myself licking my fingers more than actually chewing. Thanks for sharing!! Piggy Fair, Built by Embark. Makes: 1 sandwich Total Time: 20 minutes Recipe: In a 10-12 inch sauté pan, heat the oil to 350F degrees, verifying the temperature with a candy thermometer. Last night’s topic was “who was a bigger influence on rock n’ roll… Elvis or Jim Morrison?”, Whom ever you choose, there is no denying it, Elvis has the best sandwich… and the best cape…. Grill the sandwiches in the frying pan until each side is golden brown. Elvis Peanut Butter w/ Fried Bananas + Bacon « foodnotfound, https://www.everydaysouthwest.com/main-dishes/elvis-fried-banana-bacon-sandwich-recipe/. 23 Oct 2012, This here stuff is 100% G U D (that's what we call good, good, good). Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. i tried it.. its so tasty.. 10q for d recipe, I like to add crispy smoked streaky bacon to mine. You can use a blackberry jam that is more tart than sweet to save time, if you’d like. Last, I thought the sandwich could use a little acidity. Isn’t this the funniest thing? Spread peanut butter on one side of toast. A clue. 25 %. I’ve always heard of Elvis’ love for fried banana sandwiches but, I have never actually had one. - See 992 traveler reviews, 460 candid photos, and great deals for Memphis, TN, at Tripadvisor. favorite peanut butter & fried banana sandwiches. Filed Under: Elvis Birthday Bash, Main Dishes Tagged With: bacon, Elvis, Elvis Birthday Bash, Elvis sandwich, Elvis' birthday, fried banana sandwich recipe, fried bananas, peanut butter and bacon sandwich, peanut butter recipe. I had some blackberries in the fridge so I cooked them with a little sugar and lemon juice. In a frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. I left mine very lumpy and rustic with a rather tart flavor. Make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie with […], […] loves his peanut butter and banana sandwiches so, if you spot him outside of Vegas, you can bet he came for the my Peanut Butter and Bananas […], […] with Blackberry Jam : Inspired by a sandwich from Hopleaf in Chicago; jam is adapted from Sandy Hoopes Serves: 1   Blackberry […], […] Sing Happy Birthday to the King of Rock and Roll with one of these amazing Peanut Butter and Banana Recipes. The sandwiches seemed more like a peanut butter and banana grilled cheese, not nearly the stuff legends are made of. For topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in shallow plate. In a frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Thank ya kindly for sharing this muy delicioso recipe! And, it did take a time or two to get it right. This one suggests Gladys Presley actually fried the bananas in bacon grease for the sandwich (but also adds […], […] the classic favorite recipes for the peanut butter and bacon combo is the King of Rock and Roll’s Peanut Butter and Fried Banana Sandwich with Bacon. Fry the sandwhich with more butter and cook until brown and crispy. and best hair… well, maybe Morrison has good hair…. Arrange the cut or mashed banana on the other side. Ingredients: 2 Tablespoons Peanutbutter 2 slices Thick Toast bread 1 Ripe Banana Directions: Spread peanut butter on each piece of bread. I have to try this! Place 2 pieces of white bread in the toaster on a light setting. Keep in touch by following us on Twitter or  “Like” us on Facebook. had one of these (minus the fruit) at the Heartbreak Hotel in Graceland and it was the best and the best place to eat one!!!! Cut diagonally and serve Alexys, Trust me, try this sandwich. I couldn’t believe how much I liked this sandwich. 77.1 g My favorite sandwich in the world is peanut butter, honey and banana! For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list. I collected over 50 recipes that are sure to catch Elvis’ eye and put them in this post—everything from desserts, breakfasts, healthy smoothies, even a yummy Banana Roll Cake Roll with Whipped Peanut Butter Ganache. Using a knife, take both pieces of the toasted bread and spread 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, topping 1 side with the mashed banana. The Americans really know how to do grease don't they? Ghosts on Halloween Carrot Cake Cupcakes—Fast and Easy! Place sandwich in hot skillet browning each side, flipping with a spatula, about 2 minutes per side. Great job! All for a sandwich! Spread the peanut butter mixture on 4 slices of bread and cover with banana slices. So we played some Elvis songs and ate in the kitchen where we could fry our sandwiches and eat them while they were hot. Butter one side of each slice of bread. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/61\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/61\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-2.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/91\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/91\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-3.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/d\/df\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/d\/df\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-4.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2d\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2d\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-5.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/05\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/05\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-6.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/18\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/18\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-7.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fb\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fb\/Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-9.jpg\/aid1434292-v4-728px-Make-Peanut-Butter-Banana-Sandwich-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":306,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"484","licensing":"

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply