ghs nickel rockers review

I bought an EJ light set(.010-.050) but I havent put them yet on my guitar. I used DR Pure Blues for stringing up my Fender Stratocaster with Custom '69 pickups because they were a bit warmer sounding than regular strings. GHS Eric Johnson Signature Series Nickel Rockers Light Electric Guitar... GHS Eric Johnson Signature Series Nickel Rockers Light Electric Guitar Strings. The GHS Nickel Rocker Electric Guitar Strings are made of pure nickel wrap that is slightly flattened with rollers in the winding process, making sliding effortless, squeaks nonexistent and the process of playing your guitar a smooth experience. However, later there was no mention of round core on the packages. It seems that the roller semi-flattening of the string creates a sharp edge one feels. You must log in or register to reply here. Some expressed concerns about the strings being sticky. Reviewed in the United States on April 7, 2016. Maybe this will improve after a while, or maybe a coating of some sort would help. Overview GHS Burnished Nickel Rockers™ carry on the proud tradition started in 1964 with Nickel Rockers™. I don't hate them, but I still think I like GHS Boomers better, especially since I play a lot of clean stuff on my Stratocaster. There's a problem loading this menu right now. I hope the folks at AMAZON will put the correct picture for this product to avoid confusion for others. GHS Strings BNR-L Burnished Nickel Rockers, Polished Pure Nickel... GHS Strings BNR-L Burnished Nickel Rockers, Polished Pure Nickel Electric Guitar Strings, Light (.010-.046). I almost didn't buy these because of some of the reviews. I believe they were initially round core, and they later changed them to the cheaper hex core. 7 Customers . You can still see all customer reviews for the product. The burnished wound strings feel "sticky" for lack of a better term. A bit OT, but since we are on the topic of GHS nickel strings, would you guys know what would be the difference between the aforementioned strings and the Eric Johnson signature set? This page works best with JavaScript. For those that have tried both, what are the differences between GHS Burnished Nickel & Nickel Rockers, tone and feel wise? Give them a try, there are only so many things you can do for improved tone and play-ability, and new strings can make a big difference. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. The only real issue I have with them is that they are kind of "sticky" on the wound strings, and my hands don't slide as well on them. I've got a set of Boomers on my Strat... 9.5-13-17-26-36-50 and the Burnished Nickels are also on a 25.5" scale guitar, with these gauges... 9.5-13-17-28-38-50. 1 . The Nickel Rockers with a distinctive smoothness in touch and tone. Pyramid Classics are excellent but expensive, I also used to use Dean Markley Jimi Hendrix Pure Nickels, which were round core and pure nickel wrap, but they stupidly discontinued those (great strings at a great price). The nickel rockers are ground-wound, in other words they are round wound and then the outside of the winding is ground off to be smoother. The sound really captures that snap and heft of the sound with an appropriately equipped strat and amplifier. Members. Roundwound pure nickel cover wire is wound over a hex core, and then lightly polished for a slick feel.The result is the pure nickel warmth and clarity, with the ability to easily glide over the fretboard. I think though that these guys may be the ones I stick with, they give me pretty much exactly what I'm looking for from that guitar. Reviewed in the United States on May 24, 2020. That is why I stopped using Dean Markley strings a couple of years ago. GHS Nickel Rockers Low Tune. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. (2) They come in a gauge I prefer for staying in tune easily all the way up the fretboard, with very little sharpening due to fingering. I got exactly what I wanted and for a great price! A high quality core wire is wrapped with a round, pure nickel cover that is slightly flattened by computer controlled precision rollers in the winding process. I just placed an order of strings from Jack's. Count me in the hate category. Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2017. What I do like about these strings is that they sound great, it's so noticeable that I thought it would wear out, but it has not. Search. I love these strings. Prior to that, I ordered customs sets from GHS. These not-pricey strings are just great for classic rock and blues needing a 'warm' sound, but can "get-away with" just about ANY style, as they have that "right-in-the-middle" tone, neither overly bright or dark ......Roundwound, but slightly 'flattened' (according to company) and feel that way, at least to me (NOT a complaint !) "......but I have found other round core pure nickels I like better since then.". However, for string 6 there is way too much finger "catch" and feeling of sandpaper abrasiveness. Reviewed in the United States on February 29, 2016. Not bright. The perfect strings for that violin-like tone! I never liked them, I think they are dull sounding. When they first came out, I'd swear they had round cores. I like the brand and will try this type and order the ones I REALLY want. They will tear your fingers up at first but you will quickly build callouses with frequent use. 15 . They're ok, but I like brighter-sounding strings. Reviewed in the United States on September 15, 2013. £6.20. Pure nickel is where it's at, and these are the ones. What a difference compared to the Boomers. I bought a new Telecaster and wanted a heavier set for slide guitar, so went with the 11's. Here you go (I did a search on "GHS single strings") and found the place: Thanks Al. I love the 50/10s. I very quickly homed-in on pure nickel strings in general, and have tried several different sets. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for GHS Strings BNR-L Burnished Nickel Rockers, Polished Pure Nickel Electric Guitar Strings, Light (.010-.046) at Amazon.com. Latest reviews Search resources. When i initially ordered these strings, I was expecting "Burnished" Nickel Rockers. Old thread. The lowest though is in fact a 60, which feels a bit like a piano wire even a half step down. These strings are very pliable and can take some serious bending with tearing your fingers up. The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. These strings are very pliable and can take some serious bending with tearing your fingers up. That is extremely inconvenient when you need to do a quick single restring at a gig. I didn't notice initially, but was playing in dim lighting this evening and noticed the difference in color. These strings are very pliable and can take some serious bending with tearing your fingers up. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Thier Sound is awesome and the feel of the nickel is so smooth and responsive. Yamaha THR10IIW. Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2017. Give them a try on a tele and see what happens. Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 2014. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. The Nickel Rockers with a distinctive smoothness in touch and tone. My favorite strings. The warm tone is standard for nickel strings but the smooth finish from being burnished makes the difference between the other 'nickel rockers'. Search titles only . One person found this helpful I normally use GHS Boomers, so the tone on these strings are nice and even by comparison, not too bright or dark either way. DR Pure Blues are good, and I've just tried the pure nickel Newtone strings that compare to the Pyramids, good tone and long lasting. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. These are a little heavy, but good feel on a well set up guitar.

Sunday Morning Violin Sheet Music, Is Pasteurized Orange Juice Vegan, How To Be A Good Administrator At Office, Benefits Of Project Management Tools And Techniques, Adjustable Bar Stools With Arms, Products Of Incomplete Combustion, Hendricks Gin 6 Litre Bottle, Caffeine In Instant Coffee, Impact Of Politics On Education,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply