list of all duets

It's hard to listen to this song and not channel the easygoing ethos in this epic pairing of Crow and Clapton. Very very funny. In this case, the rather disastrous 1980 film provided an appropriate arena for a number of hit songs by its star, Newton-John. A great duet. Girl from the North Country by Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash. The top 100 country duets according to CMT. B.B. Barbara dickson and elaine paige. One of those rare songs that even on first listen, you feel like you've always known, the friends' 2010 Farm Aid (a nonprofit founded by Nelson, Neil Young and John Mellencamp in 1985, which Matthews is now a board member for) rendition serenades you with their unmistakable vocals and the impressive licks of virtuoso guitarist, Tim Reynolds. Cetera had already built a reputation as balladeer during the past decade with his former band, but on his first major solo release he certainly left behind all remaining vestiges of his rock and roll past. Todd Rundgren and Bonnie Tyler The song is fun, upbeat, and will definitely bring a smile to your face as you think about where you came from. Required fields are marked *. Pages in category "Vocal duets" The following 200 pages are in this category, out of approximately 780 total. King and Bono…..When Love Comes To Town. It’s also because the blending of two voices is a magical thing, whether singing in harmony, unison or as call and response. There was no ballsier singer in the world, and in the mid-80s Turner was in the process of making a comeback. The one with Donna Summer’s “Love To Love You, Baby” at number one? At the opposite end of the musical spectrum, we have Louis Armstrong and Ella, Billy Eckstine and Sarah Vaughan, or Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. I would also add any of the tunes from a Tony Bennett/ KD Lang album perhaps ‘Unplugged’ but there are others — some of their earliest duets are just show stopping — two incredible talents. 7. Where’s the list? Consequently, there are a number of duets featuring that grey-bearded wonder that could easily crack this list. Beer for My Horses. What about Tom Jones & Mark Knopfler in “I feel like going home!? Best David Sylvian & Japan Songs: A Singular Musical Mind, ‘E=MC2’: Mariah Carey’s 2008 Album Is A Celebration, ‘Feeling Good’: Nina Simone’s Joyous Emancipation Anthem, ‘Beautiful Day’: The Dawn Of A New Era For U2, About Us • Contributors • Terms of Service • Privacy Policy • © 2020 uDiscoverMusic. 4. And to go back in the vault a bit — I liked the Kris Kristofferson / Rita Coolidge duets of earlier years and way back there’s LORRETTA LYNN’s original duet partner – ERNEST TUBB – “Thanks, Thanks a LOT” and “Mr. “Riding with the King” Clapton + BB King 0:30. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more). This list may not reflect recent changes ( learn more ). No beak-up love songs here. One of the most unlikely pairings and songs but it works beautifully! The best duets aren’t always sung by a man and a woman. I cannot believe that ‘Don’t Give Up’ by Peter Gabriel with Kate Bush is not on the list. Bringing music lovers the latest news, tips, and products to help nourish their love for music. The Everly Brothers, The Righteous Brothers, and Paul Young and Zucchero are just some of the men-only duets on our list, while Donna Summer and Barbra Streisand fly the flag for all-female duos. Here's a look, in no particular order, at some of the finest singles of the '80s featuring both-gender singing partnerships. Operators are standing by!" In fact the song was written for her. How did this one not get picked? Where is Sheena Easton and Kenny Roger’s We’ve Got Tonight? I love that duet by Schuur and Feliciano and I totally agree. It’s not listed on either of their bios. Steve Earle and Iris De Ment…I’m Still In Love With You, best song ever!! The Closer I Get to You (Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway), I Just Can't Stop Loving You Michael Jackson With Siedah Garrett, Wild Night (John Mellencamp & Me'shell Ndegeocello), Peter Cetera and Amy Grant - The Next Time I Fall, No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) Barbra Streisand / Donna Summer, The Girl Is Mine Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney, I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) Aretha Franklin & George Michael, Friends & Lovers - Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson, Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes, Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, (I've Had) the Time of My Life Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes, Easy Lover - Philip Bailey & Phil Collins, You're the One That I Want John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John, Baby, Come to Me - Patti Austin & James Ingram, Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have to Be a Star, You Don't Bring Me Flowers - Barbra Streisand & Neil Diamond, Don't Know Much Linda Ronstadt Feat. Eros Ramazotti & Tina Turner “Cose della vita”, Tina Turner & Bryan Adams “It’s only love”, David Bowie &TT “Tonight”….. There’s a gorgeous duet by Diane Schuur and José Feliciano, By Design, that never got the attention it deserved. The song was released in 2003 on Toby's album Unleashed. duet: 2009: Ladies and Gentlemen, behold our library of love song duets! Women, I go to Pieces several others by Peter & Gordon also Chad & Jeremy willow weep for me. T. Swift, you may have moved on from your country roots, but we still swoon for you. I was like “who are you?” “Get away!, can’t you see I have Bill Freakin Medley singing to ME!” It was funny, you had to be there! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. My Wedding Songs is a reader-supported website. In the end, as she finds out her dad is dying, he tells her: "Cowgirl, don't cry." ‘Islands in the stream’ closely followed by ‘up where we belong’, Edie Brickell, Paul Simon, Willie Nelson singing Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain,,,,,on YouTube….for Willie’s Birthday Bash. 3. We hope we’ve left you with some ideas for your next duet. A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around And Fall In Love)Dinah Washington, Brook Benton • The Two Of Us. Musicnotes Now – A Noteworthy Blog for Seriously Fun Musicians. Twain shines with her stunning tone on this 1981 Richie song best known as a duet with the inimitable Diana Ross. We did not rank the songs as all the songs make for great wedding songs. The appeal of pop music duets with both male and female singers has never been particularly susceptible to the rise-and-fall trends of decades or musical eras, thriving quite consistently across genres. CMA night in 1999 got a special treat from this wildly talented pairing performing Lefty Frizzell and Sanger D. Shafer 1973 hit (which Haggard later famously recorded as the title track on his 1983 album That's The Way Love Goes). Barbra Streisand and Lily Tomlin did one together, it was a spoof about love song duets. I knew him so well. This toe-tapping tune! As the result of enthusiastic fan response and serendipity, the song received a second look on the charts, climbing to No. Matt, it’s not in order, that would cause even more arguments! Take a moment out of your day to sit back, relax, and enjoy one of these country duets. Boogie Wonderland. http://youtu.be/Rmla2el35gQ, This is La Vien Rose by Tony Bennett & K D Lang.. Love it.. Mockingbird – James Taylor & Carly Simon . 36 Best Pumpkin Farms to Visit This Autumn, 30 Best Fall Flowers and Plants for Your Yard, 10 Charming Country Products by Black-Owned Brands, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Please help! Tom Waits and Bette Middler I never talk to strangers. Jim Reeves and Patsy Cline singing “Have you ever been lonely?”, beauty and the beast ( celine Dione. These are 25 of the greatest pop music duets of all time in chronological order. And although overwrought love songs and sickly sweet ballads tend to be the order of the day for such star pairings, sometimes the combination of voices and memorable melodies helps transform the occasion into something more. Fun fact: According to The Boot, Kenny Chesney was originally supposed to sing the song—but he said no! How can you omit Porter & Dolly? The song's ​haunting, arpeggiated acoustic guitar opening may be the key to its success, as it allows both singers to display a gift for balladry they're not really known for. Notable absence, The Walker Brothers Without You!!!!!!!! for starters — instead of one of the ones listed below Number 100 on this list of Top DUETS is “You Don’t Send Me Flowers Anymore” Neil Diamonds SOLO version?? Sounds of Silence, or Mrs. Robertson. Didn`t see it on here but one very unusual one is Bing Crosby and David Bowie” Little Drummer Boy” also anything by Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell. Through The Eyes Of A ChildBobby Womack, Patti LaBelle, George Benson, Wilton Felder • The Poet II. Almost Paradise – Ann Wilson & Mike Reno Vanessa Williams & George Benson and Billy Preston & Syreeta!!! You listed the Pet Shop Boys for What Have I Done to Deserve This. A fun song and great vocals from both girls. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io. The greatest duet of all time wasn’t actually written with two voices in mind, but when Bryan Adams decided on cutting this song with a female singer, he knew immediately who he wanted: soul legend Tina Turner. Learn About The Lotte Lenya Competition And Songbook! Whether you’re preparing to be the stars of karaoke night, going to an audition, or just jamming with a friend into the wee hours of the night, it’s always good to have some show-stopping duets on hand! Off of Urban's 2017 album, Ripcord, Underwood sounds as fantastic as always, while Urban delivers his lines with every ounce of gusto you'd expect from a pining ex. Album Cover Image Courtesy of Atlantic Records, Top Soft Rock or Adult Contemporary '80s Artists, Kenny Rogers and Kim Carnes - "Don't Fall in Love with a Dreamer", Lita Ford and Ozzy Osbourne - "Close My Eyes Forever", Stevie Nicks and Don Henley - "Leather and Lace", Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - "Surrender to Me", Peter Cetera and Amy Grant - "The Next Time I Fall", Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin - "Separate Lives", Patti Austin and James Ingram - "Baby Come to Me", Olivia Newton-John and Cliff Richard - "Suddenly". “Poncho & Lefty” Willie and Merle — when Merle comes in on this song to join Willie -it’s one of the best recording segments on duet of all time perhaps only eclipsed by when JUNE CARTER CASH comes in on “JACKSON” with Johnny Cash (another song NOT on this list). During the early '80s, Kenny Rogers was the duet partner du jour for a number of female performers thanks to his massive country-pop crossover success. At first, she falls off her horse, and is told not to cry. Whenever I call you friend – Kenny Loggins & Stevie Nicks, Elvis presley and ann Margaret “the lady loves me”, One of the best duets ever is Al Green and Lyle Lovett … Funny How Time Slips Away. As sung by pop superstar Phil Collins and relative unknown Marilyn Martin, the tune rises to the best of its potential precisely because it's presented in duet form, which allows for emotionally charged give-and-take between the two performers. Almost Paradise – Ann Wilson & Mike Reno Maybe this is the song you always hope for every time you catch The Chief live in concert. You’ve Lost that Loving Feeling – Long John Baldry & Kathy McDonald, “When love comes to town” Bono + BB King Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password. It's racked up over 8.7 million views, and oh, 17.4 million teary eyes. In the pared-back, acoustic performance Smith and Ell transform the fan favorite into an intimate ballad that will linger with you long after the track ends. Quilty. 1 on the pop charts in 1986, Amy Grant was a big star only in Christian music circles, but her partnership with former Chicago bassist and singer Cetera produced musical ambrosia as sweet as fruit from the Garden of Eden.

Ta Periodic Table, Is Snickers Keto-friendly, Sentences Of Prominent, Infrared Spectrum Data Sheet, A Good Read, Onyxia's Lair Location, Office Relocation Proposal Pdf,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply