low calorie mexican casserole

EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Moussaka is a Middle Eastern baked main dish, typically made by layering slices of eggplant with a seasoned ground beef or lamb mixture. Heat through. Sprinkle with a bit of cheese and in the oven it goes! Serve with a crunchy green salad. To reduce fat and calories, our makeover moussaka recipe uses fat-free milk, low-fat yogurt, and light ricotta cheese for the topping, but even with those subtitutions, it still delivers on taste! All Rights Reserved. It was good. We are here to say yes yes yes! It's loaded with corn, green salsa, and Monterey Jack cheese and topped with crunchy homemade tortilla strips. What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and  tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics! If cut into 4 servings, each piece is approximately 380 calories. Did I say easy? 3.) This layered casserole is inspired by classic cheese enchiladas, minus the fuss of rolling and stuffing individual tortillas. Sign up Here. Offers may be subject to change without notice. There are plenty of veggies in this one, too, making this a healthy casserole you can feel good about serving year-round. Line bottom of pan with quartered tortillas. Put the refried beans in a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Here are a few of our faves! Usually made by layering creamy chicken and tortillas (lasagna-style), this classic Tex-Mex chicken casserole gets speedier for an easy weeknight dinner when we mix everything together in a skillet, then pop the whole pan under the broiler to make the cheese topping gooey. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until hot in the middle and bubbling around the edges. 22 %, Mexican Casserole - 6.5 Weight Watcher Points, Mexican Ground Beef Tortilla Layer Casserole. Serve it with a side salad tossed with reduced-calorie Italian dressing. When that craving for mexican food hits ya but your waistline is saying no no no! Like sloppy Joes? This protein-loaded chicken and sweet potato casserole dish is made with multicolored quinoa, a blend of white, red and black varieties, but any color will work. Thinly sliced angel hair cabbage cooked with a splash of vinegar stands in for the sauerkraut, and lower-sodium deli turkey adds a rich, meaty flavor in place of the traditional corned beef. I love to serve the leftovers over crisp cold lettuce. Hotdish may be a Minnesota tradition but everyone, everywhere, should add this cheesy casserole to their fall dinner rotation. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 2.) Made in 8 x 12” pan instead of 9×9. It's also a great use for extra carrots, celery, onions and day-old bread you might have on hand around the holidays. Add cooked meat and veggies on top of refried beans. Pour enchilada sauce over the top. Keep in mind I have not tried it! Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. Top with cooked veggies and lean ground chicken (or turkey). This diabetic-friendly version is healthier but tastes just as terrific. I added rice to the ground chicken to make it more filling. Strands of tender squash replace pasta for a more flavorful version of spaghetti pie casserole. FREE RECIPE EBOOK! Hope you get a chance to make it! Adapted from a Canyon Ranch recipe. (Missing from ingredient list) Has to be the easiest most tasty dish we’ve ever made! The way you prepare it the results seem on the wet side, do you think it would be too dry if I only did the 10oz enchilada sauce or should I go bigger? This is a little easier and quicker and I wanted to see the nutritional info on it. Brown ground chicken, breaking up into small pieces as you go along. we really love ground chicken if you can find it. WE LOVE HELPING YOU MAKE FRESH, DELICIOUS AND SIMPLE RECIPES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! In large skillet heat olive oil. Prepared the original way, this dish has the potential to be astoundingly high in calories and fat. A sprinkling of nutty fontina cheese melts into a gooey topping. Thanks Karly! Layer quartered flour tortillas on bottom of 9 x 9 pan. 15-20 minutes in the oven and you get a super big flavored casserole that won’t break the calorie bank! This protein-filled vegetarian version replaces the meat with white beans but will still delight any and all meat-eaters at your table. Hi! But sometimes we need to lighten up! Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain any excess liquid. Yum!!! This recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole puts spicy, cheesy goodness on your table--without the carbs. There's no dredging or frying--instead, the eggplant is roasted until tender before being layered in the casserole dish with a tangy homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Add tomatoes, corn, back beans and crushed chilies, mix well. Not to mention, spaghetti squash is a low-carb alternative to pasta and saves more than 150 calories per serving compared to a traditional recipe. We got a video to help you make this with ease- check it out here! About 5 minutes. And without breading, this satisfying eggplant Parmesan is also gluten-free! If cut into 6 servings, each piece is 255 calories. This family-friendly dish can be part of a low-carb, keto, Atkins, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting diet. Even better? This 30 minute casserole is full of veggies, beans and lean ground chicken (or turkey)! Everything onto a sheet pan, bake and done! Hope you love it! A sprinkling of nutty fontina cheese melts into a gooey topping. Lazy Day Chicken Enchilada Casserole – Easy on the cook recipe with those big Mexican flavors you crave! Total Carbohydrate This is a great WW recipe as it's high in fiber, low in fat and is very filling. Love this! If you want to add some then I would cook it before hand. This one-pan chicken-and-broccoli recipe comes out of the oven all browned, cheesy and bubbling like a casserole, but is really prepared more like a skillet meal on the stovetop. We lightened up this enchilada recipe with a creamy filling that includes just a small amount of light sour cream, rather than loads of regular sour cream. This is a very different variation of recipe #135814. Hi Sara – I don’t find this on the wet side at all so I’d probably increase the enchilada sauce by 5 ounces. OMG…This is tasty and easy to make. The thin slices become tender when roasted and add a subtle savory note. We are here to say yes yes yes! Or these popular Mexican  Chicken Fajitas! Not to mention, spaghetti squash is a low-carb alternative to pasta and saves more than 150 calories per serving compared to a traditional recipe. Add chopped peppers and onions to browed chicken and cook until softened but not overly cooked. HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY MEXICAN CASSEROLE. It could also easily be made vegetarian simply by subbing the hamburger for another type of bean or meat substitute. This cheesy baked eggplant Parmesan has no breading, which means it's easier to make than the traditional version. 66.3 g Poultry seasoning helps humble bread to taste like stuffing, while thickened chicken broth takes the place of canned soup. Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with non stick spray. Copyright © 2020 Laughing Spatula | Contact & Privacy Policy. Edited to add that these are *very* large servings and I calculated them to be only 7.5 points each if calculated using only 4 servings. Find healthy, delicious low-calorie casserole recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. How much rice and do you cook it before hand. This veggie-packed beef enchilada casserole is mild, so put out hot sauce and chopped jalapeños if you're feeding heat-seekers. Mexican Breakfast Casserole! Casseroles are an awesome way to sneak them in — just add in your faves (be sure to saute first to release their liquid). Wow thank you for the rave review Reg! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. I want to make this in a 9×13 portion because I have a big family. Literally, just add whisked eggs for a Mexican inspired low carb breakfast casserole! Layer quartered flour tortillas on bottom of 9 x 9 pan. This recipe was inspired by one of my childhood favorites Easy Taco Pie. Take some notes from my low carb squash casserole Turn this into a breakfast casserole. Then you'll love this sloppy Joe casserole recipe. Add roasted poblano peppers and you will be in heaven. I havn't tried freezing before cooking though. You won’t be sorry to try this one! It's a smart choice for your next brunch. In this version of a chicken-and-broccoli casserole, spaghetti squash takes on a creamy texture when baked with cream of mushroom soup. This kid-friendly dinner has the classic sloppy Joe flavors kids love, while parents will like all the veggies that are packed in to make it a healthy meal. Omg… just try it. Add corn, black beans and spices. The quick and easy dinner recipe makes extra cheese sauce--save it to make One-Pot Mac & Cheese with Cauliflower & Brussels Sprouts later in the week (see Associated Recipes) or serve it with steamed vegetables, such as broccoli, for an easy side dish. Mix in sour cream, simmer another 10 minutes. This is a very different variation of "recipe #135814". This Middle Eastern dish is most often made with ground meat and eggplant (or potatoes) and topped with a thick béchamel sauce. ???? This overnight casserole is fabulous! Shrimp takes center stage in this spicy Mexican-inspired casserole. This easy recipe is a taco lover's low-carb dream come true! Join our free list below and receive our Ebook: TOP 10 EASY DINNER RECIPES! But sometimes we need to lighten up! Super easy and looks delicious! 1.) Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel! ..instant taco salad for my lunch! This is a great WW recipe as it's high in fiber, And speaking of Thanksgiving, if you have leftover turkey, feel free to substitute it for the chicken in this comforting and healthy recipe. This Reuben casserole recipe has all the delicious elements of a Reuben sandwich with much less sodium and calories. You'd never guess that within this comforting Tex-Mex casserole hides a layer of thinly sliced eggplant. NOTES:7 WW Freestyle points.Use ground chicken or turkey.Serve with fresh avocado and sour cream.Leftovers go great over fresh crisp lettuce for a taco salad! The best of the best all in one little book! Learn how your comment data is processed. Clocking in at only 230 calories for a huge serving you are will love this delicious and filling meal! This easy to make, comforting dish will keep you warm on a cold day. Clocking in at only 230 calories for a huge serving you are will love this delicious and filling meal! Baked on a crust made with whole-wheat English muffin pieces, this hearty breakfast casserole is full of ham and zucchini plus a crowd-pleasing egg-milk-Alfredo mixture that holds it all together. This recipe was inspired by one of my childhood favorites  Easy Taco Pie. Stuffing is not just for Thanksgiving with this easy chicken and stuffing casserole. Used Sargento four Mexican cheese for topping. Fast , easy and great flavor. Spread on top of tortillas.

Nyc Protest Schedule 2020, Mayfair Hotel Belmar, Area Agency On Aging Events, Cannondale Fsi Carbon 3 Price, Acetone Production Process Flow Diagram, Hair Thickening Tonic,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply