red curry lentils

It’s sooo delicious and incredibly easy!! Only regret is not doubling the recipe!! I am a juvenile type 1 diabetic and after having my second baby I’m venturing into the vegan world. I added a jalapeno and used the coconut milk. This was really good. I tryed it yesterday evening and it was so delicious! i started making some of your recipe it’s really good! The red curry powder I used was not of the highest quality so I upped the flavor with a few dried whole red chilies and some yellow curry powder. Will it work with green lentils as well? Threw in cilantro stems and root during the cooking as well and it added a great depth of flavor. I added some extra chilies, pepper, and turmeric to help it out a little and it’s more to my personal taste now. !5 stars! I’m glad I tried it; the curry was delicious! It was delicious and I’m excited to have the leftovers for dinner. It can, but I’ve found it’s not nearly as flavorful. it was delicious! Reply. Every recipe I make that you own is always an absolute treat! I know that the liquid amounts and timing will likely change. (and husband). That would be amazing :). This was a great recipe. I tried simmering both uncovered, and then uncovered, but they seemed very slow to cook…. Thanks for the tasty recipe. We are glad to hear the whole family enjoyed it, Laura! My husband is not a lentil fan, so a blended the soup to get a smooth texture – he didn’t recognize any lentil at all and told me he loved it! We’re so glad you enjoyed it, Kennedy! Add cumin seeds, garlic, ginger and sauté until fragrant, Add onions and cook until translucent. and a little extra chili paste to kick up the heat a bit. Thank you for your wonderful blog xoxo, Yay! if so, how much would you recommend putting in ? Thanks for all your great recipes :). Hi! Thanks for the post! What can I substitute instead of the paste? Thanks. It could be that your red curry paste was less spicy. If you try this recipe, let us know what you think! The aroma was so enticing that I dished it up before I realized I skipped the coconut milk. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Gail. Thanks for pointing that out, Tina! Never made red lentil will now thanks to you, Love your photos! This recipe looks delicious – I’m making it tonight! I was skeptical but became a fan of the Saver brown rice method. This is a staple recipe for me, I make it at least once a month. Just had Spicy Red Lentil Curry for dinner. I did augment a few items….no tomatoes…extra chili pepper…..more coconut milk. Thank you. Just a quick question; do you have any good tips to make this a bit more kid friendly (my five year old found it too spicy). It was soo good, the flavours danced in my mouth! We prefer to toast the rice in a splash of olive oil, then add double the volume of boiling water (for two, we do half an american cup of rice with a whole cup of boiling water) plus a touch of veg stock powder (Marigold swiss bouillon). Do the coconut addition. It’s wonderful . Yay! Hi! Less tomato paste. It’s full of flavor, hearty and filling, and budget-friendly. It is packed with flavor and ready in less than 40 minutes. Support @ Minimalist Baker says. We’ll see if we can make that more clear. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Does this freeze well? I looked at the ingredients again and noticed the space between the 1 6 ounce can. AND THEN you said naan and I was like, “does she know my life and all the things I love to eat?!?!? I was hesitant to open a can of coconut milk but in the end, I was glad I did! Thank you so much for the inspiration! You are always an endless source of inspiration!! I cook the rice like normal (quinoa tastes good too) and then add a bit of coconut milk, lime juice, and fresh cilantro. I will be doing this again. Need help? I only used 1 tbsp of oil (just because I thought I could get away with it;) ) and it worked perfectly. I am making this again . We are so glad you enjoyed it! I didn’t have any vegetable broth on hand, so I just used water and added some extra salt and it still wasn’t lacking flavor in the slightest. Thanks! Added Vidalia onion (sweet) — sauteed at beginning. Sorry that happened, Nicola! Use ctrl+f or ⌘+f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! The kids ate it up too. I usually have things go wrong when I make lentil dishes, but this recipe is simple and AMAZING! Bless your heart! A cozy, hearty, and flavorful dinner. Thanks for sharing, Tanya! I feel I would have needed about 10 large cloves in order to get 1.5 tablespoons as mentioned in your recipe. Will definately check out some more of your recipes this year <3. Thank you so much!! Hey Dana, do you think this would work with green curry paste as well? Just made this for dinner and it was perfect! Yay! xo. I added onions and other seasonal vegetables. I will definitely be adding this into the dinner rotation! Dana when you say coconut sugar do you mean jaggery, aka palm sugar here? I will definitely be making this again! This creamy Coconut & Red Lentil Curry is ready in 30 minutes and you only need 8 ingredients to make it! I will definitely be trying your Thai Yellow Curry recipe next! The ultimate plant based comfort food. Sounds fantastic! This was delicious, and I will give it a try again with the tomato paste next time! i added a small diced onion when sautéing carrots. Do you think I could use that instead? We are looking forward to trying the chickpea buddha bowl next! No matter what you do, don’t skip the pickled onions. Yum! I am grateful. Thank you for the recipe Dana! So quick and easy to make as well. This was surprisingly good. Nevertheless the curry was tasty and very well received. Serve warm with naan or rice along with a lemon wedge and onion slices, Red lentils are packed with dietary fibers, healthy proteins and essential minerals, This curry is prepared using very less fat.

Expanded Maternity Leave Computation, Assassins Creed 3 Remastered Crash, Drinking Water Instead Of Eating, Do Spider Beetles Bleed, Decoro Mornington Upholstered Platform Bed Frame Queen, Essential Oil Distillation Machine For Sale, Old Bullet 500 Weight, Pickling Jalapenos Without Boiling, The Sims Medieval Steam, Georgiana Howard, Countess Of Carlisle, One Or Two Up For Approval Crossword,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply