sermon on the talking donkey

This is your story after all. and we’ll email you the Teaching Series so you’ll never miss an episode. And this witness too can provide us with a valuable perspective on that first Palm Sunday. “Jacob,” his mother often said, “what am I ever going to do with you?” And she would gaze at her son with love and laughter in her eyes. ... “Serminutes” – Sermon in a Minute. So I am sure my re-telling of the story today is different from the original. I guess he can use a donkey to speak to us today if he wants. All Rights Reserved. He will send them back to you shortly,” answered the men. And now they act as if I wasn’t there. He saw the angel. But to the people it only sounded like he was saying, “Hey, hey, hey-haw, hee-haw,” and they just kept right on working. This content is part of a series.. Talking Donkeys (1 of 4) Series: Talking Donkeys Pastor Kerry Shook This sermon includes the sermon outline and the full sermon transcript. It was the proudest moment in Jacob’s life. I am with you.”, The men brought Jacob and his mother outside the village. The Israelites had been in the wilderness for almost 40 years. They went on drawing their water and paid him no mind. Hands up if you knew that the Bible contained a talking donkey!? Apparently they were, for they came right up to him and started untying him and his mother. Sometimes they yelled at the donkeys or even hit them with a stick. © Ray Fowler. He was also a little worried about the person who was going to ride him. The owner brought him back to the village, took a strong rope, and tied Jacob and his mother to a post. We offer 30,000+ outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. It is HIS divine will that young people come to faith in Jesus Christ and find salvation through the Gospel and the work of the Holy Spirit to bring them to faith. When we lift up Christ, however, we are no longer ordinary people, but key players in God's plan to redeem the word. Ministry-To-Children.com helps you tell kids about Jesus by providing age-appropriate Bible study material and Sunday School curriculum – all 100% free online.. We believe that God is the loving Father of all kids. David was “giant-killing” man after God’s own heart. Some of them even bowed low to the ground as he passed by. After the third time, Jehovah made the donkey speak. Without him, all our best efforts are like "filthy rags" (Isaiah 64:6>) and amount to nothing. Thank you for visiting today! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”. So he invited a man named Balaam to come to Moab and curse the Israelites. “I have never carried a man before. As they approached Jerusalem the excitement in the air continued to build. They had conquered many strong cities. Jacob lived in the village of Bethphage, right next to Bethany, just east of Jerusalem. After the third beating, the donkey turns to him and speaks, asking why Balaam keeps beating him. Website: http://www.rayfowler.org. Large groups of people were already up and about.  |  He shared this story with our church family one Palm Sunday back in the 1970’s. ��BVH���T�BB��w��Ձl�;�+p Humble Beginnings. “What can we possibly learn from the donkey?” Well, God once used a donkey to speak to someone in the Old Testament. But all of his fears vanished right away when he met the rider. Jacob was an enthusiastic little donkey, a bit mischievous at times, but mostly he just loved to play. Talking Donkey monthly Theme We worship God when we obey Him. Jacob lived in the village of Bethphage, right next to Bethany, just east of Jerusalem. But they didn't notice him. SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. “Then you may take them,” the owners replied. "Foolish child," she said gently. Nobody likes having their email bombarded.). I will be strong enough to carry a man on my back!”. (We’ll also send you other helpful resources and updates from time to time. Rodger Mangold. Each time false teachers were likened to him – motivated by greed (2 Peter 2:15; Jude 11) and led God’s people astray (Revelation 2:14). Today we’ll take a look at a man, named Balaam, who was all tied up in the occult, Balaam was not an Israelite, he was a native of Pethor a city in Mesopotamia, and he would sell his satanic power to the highest dollar, as we get into the message we’ll see his main objective was financial gain. “STRAIGHT FROM THE DONKEY’S MOUTH” Original story by Wayne Hill; Re-told by Ray Fowler. Jesus smiled kindly at Jacob and stroked his back with his big, strong hands. David was a sheepish boy. Visit this POST for details on what exactly that is. Why are they treating me so differently?”, Jacob’s mother looked sadly and lovingly at her poor sobbing son. INTRODUCTION: Today is Palm Sunday, the day we celebrate Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem the week before Easter. Finally the donkey lay down in the middle of the road. Balaam could not see the angel, but Balaam’s donkey could. Jacob marched proudly down the center of the road waiting for the people to start cheering. “Hey, hey, everybody! By Ray Fowler. "I'll show myself to them," he thought. David was a sheepish boy. So off they went, Jacob’s eyes shining with excitement. They just looked at him in amazement. We are going to Jerusalem after all!” Jesus mounted on Jacob’s back and off they went. Once there was a young donkey named Jacob. Finding out the relationship between Balaam’s Talking Donkey and our lives is pretty interesting stuff. I was probably in the third or fourth grade at the time. David was “giant-killing” man after God’s own heart. Would it not have been better if Balaam had listened to Jehovah in the first place? Jesus sat on Jacob’s back, and Jacob’s mother walked beside them. “The donkey?” you say. He had seen some pretty mean people ride the other donkeys before. But the same thing happened. His character was on display in this event. and Johnny Hart, The Psalms of Ascent – Stepping Stones to God’s Heart, A Theology of Google, Facebook, Amazon and Twitter. He answered the animal! Others cheered and waved palm branches back and forth. I am sure that if you stopped and interviewed the different people from these groups, you would get a different perspective from each one of them. All Rights Reserved. BALAAM AND HIS TALKING DONKEY: 3/10/08. For any web postings, please link to the sermon directly at this website. David was “giant-killing” man after God’s own heart. Solomon was a sleeper. Jacob’s heart skipped a beat. SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. "Miserable heathens!" Most Everyone Makes Jacob went to the area outside the temple. God sends an angel to divert Balaam’s path on the road to Moab. Jacob did not understand all the words, but he heard the people shouting things like, “Hosanna! “I can’t wait for tomorrow! If you are new here, be sure to subscribe by email or feed reader so that you don't miss any future posts. “We can’t go to Jerusalem. Never before had he felt such a rush of pleasure and pride. It’s me, Jacob!” he called out. You'll write powerful and fresh messages every week with our preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching. “Oh please, Mother, please, please, please, please, please . Tag: Sermons on a Talking Donkey. “Foolish donkey,” she replied, “don’t you see, that without Him, you are nothing?”. I know what you’re asking, “What does a talking donkey have anything to do with our daily lives?” In fact, quite a lot! But not too much. As a result, it’s hard to know what to do with it. . B. I will go back home.’ But the angel said: ‘You can go to Moab, but you may say only what Jehovah tells you to say.’. Jonah preached a revival message that saved a nation. But they didn’t make a sound. Balaam can’t see it but apparently his donkey can (Numbers 22:23). “Perhaps they will notice me here,” he thought. Free Access to Sermons on Talking Donkey, Church Sermons, Illustrations on Talking Donkey, and Preaching Slides on Talking Donkey. Just like the donkey who carried Jesus in Jerusalem, we are most fulfilled when we are in the service of Jesus Christ. Some of them lay their coats down in the road for Jacob to walk across. “Are they talking about me?” Jacob wondered. Find Talking Donkey Sermons and Illustrations. in the story – Balaam’s donkey. Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.” He sniffed the air, and caught the scent of the many goats and lambs being led through the village.

Scanpan Stratanium Cs+, Honda Dream Neo, Kirkland Unsweetened Almond Milk Nutrition Facts, Unemployment And Average Earnings By Education Level, Palenque Grill Soups, Carbonitriding Process Pdf, Eden Organic Tart Cherry Juice, Used Factories For Sale In Uae,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply