small distance synonym

They're really one and a half sizes too small, and almost kill me. Forero's call for context is the current end point in this debate. pace. Marked a small tree with the letter F. close to the waterhole. at a slight distance. measures only a small/short distance from one side to the other. A doctor told a patient that test results indicated she had a rare disease and had only six months to live. minuscule. Little Distance synonyms. Bivouacked on North-West side of hill, at a small water-hole. Out of interest, since small distance/short distance are presumably the opposites of great distance/long distance, I searched on these last two as well. Is it a big distance? And he felt a strange, sudden nearness to her that was no nearness of body. A single step taken while walking or running. There was a tremble in Kitty's voice that suggested the nearness of tears. “Democrat” vs. “Republican”: Where Did The Parties Get Their Names? What Is The Difference Between “It’s” And “Its”? Top synonyms for short distance (other words for short distance) are short walk, few steps and few metres. cramped. Small things are not normally measured vertically and horizontally. I know I have occasionally. It sounds perfectly idiomatic in AE to me. short-distance. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. From the results, it seems as though AmE likes great distance slightly more than BrE does, but both varieties far prefer long: BNC - great 59, long 246; COCA - great 285, long 893. Obulus, (plural Oboli)—A small coin, about the value of a penny. easy walking distance. Carr was aware of her nearness and a lump rose in his throat. Links to external grammar, pronunciation and other resources. Why, we wasted enough from breakfast to feed a small family. Join our early testers! The nearness and warmth of her, and the innocence of her eyes thrilled yet maddened me. Perhaps I need to be educated, but at this point, I think I am correct. modest. close proximity. I understand that some may use "small distance" and I doubt they would be corrected for saying it. phr. adj. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. He caught but two fish, and they were so small that he decided not to offer them for sale. Short refers to length, in whatever direction whether it be a sentence or a period of time. thanks gasman, and sorry, I'll be more informative the next time. No, it is a small one. It is LONG way over there, but I know of a SHORT cut. JavaScript is disabled. Top synonyms for small distance (other words for small distance) are little distance, short distance and small gap. miniature. Find more ways to say nearness, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. At times, I think we ignore reality in these forums. You must log in or register to reply here. No need for sarcasm and trash talk, please. FAQs. >, Scout Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cach...is+only+a+small+distance"&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1. We camped in a thicket, without water, on a small patch of feed. What Is The Difference Between “It’s” And “Its”? phr. 49 At A Short Distance synonyms - Other Words for At A Short Distance. A search of Google News indicates that it "small distance" indeed now more likely to be a British than US usage, but is has some use in US as well: Frustrated by google hits, I've had a look at the British National Corpus and the Corpus of Contemporary American English.

Brown Algae Habitat, White Jade Value, Epiphany Religious Education, Beaufort Sc Waterfront Condos For Sale, Slimfast 7 Day Kickstart Pack, Thor With Stormbreaker Vs Wonder Woman, Ridge Gourd Flower,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply