zoe name meaning bible

"John 8:12: "shall have the light of life. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "life" Zoe is Phos, Eos or Lucifer. The name was first originated from the Greek mythology and simply means life. I’ll surely name my daughter Zoe if its His will. Proud member It's just a normal word that also functions as a name… Not just life as we think of it (living or being alive), but the word Zoe means eternal life, never-ending life, God's life. All rights reserved. Paul says that she was WHOLLY SEDUCED and Cain was "of that evil one." You can truly say with Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (with His life!)." Zoe (pronounced dzo' ay) is a small Greek word with a big meaning. Once, long ago, I read it, but neglected to mark it. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. This daily newsletter provides a starting point for personal study, and gives valuable insight into the verses that make up the Word of God. Am glad my baby name is Zoe despite the circumstances surrounding her birth, the meaning has changed my life in a positive way. The name basically is taken from the Greek mythology. Origin of name: Greek is fit name.You can give to your baby with complacency. Salem Media Group. "John 5:26: "the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given"John 5:26: "the Son to have life in himself;"John 5:29: "good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto"John 5:39: "think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify"John 5:40: "me, that ye might have life. Wouldn’t change my name for the world. Zoe is life as God has in Himself! The short answer is - none. But it is the only name for me Proud member The name basically is taken from the Greek mythology. We hope you'll find something on this site that inspires you and helps you in the name selection process. They have a way to view the Greek or Hebrew of the verse — click here for John 10:28 as an example. Philippians 4:3: "names are in the book of life. " The TRUTH About Israel And The "Palestinians". It was first time , to here word “Zoe” ; as I am now , I am bussy perusing this word , on my Bible. There are several notable historical Christian women who had the name Zoe, including two empresses in the Byzantine empire and St. Zoe, a Roman noblewoman martyred for her faith during Emperor Diocletian’s persecution of the Christian church. Posts with the name Zoe: 100 Cute First & Middle Name Combinations for Girls These people love to socialize and also have a charming personality and nature. The history of Zoe begins in the third century when the Alexandrian Jews translated Eve, which means 'life,' to the Greek equivalent Zoe. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. In a poetic or literary context (like the Bible), then yeah, it can/does, but in day to day life (haha, joke), it just means "life". There have also been a huge number of great personalities using this very name. The God kind of life! Our research results for the name of Zoe (Zoe name meaning, Origin of Zoe, Pronounced etc. ) Matthew 7:14: "which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find"Matthew 18:8: "better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed,"Matthew 18:9: "better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having"Matthew 19:16: "that I may have eternal life? 2b) life real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever. Wow….life of God and Endless love….it truly means it in my life…. my. The God kind of life! Compare 5590. Definition: life . Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. "John 10:28: "give unto them eternal life; and they shall never"John 11:25: "resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though"John 12:25: "shall keep it unto life eternal. The God kind of life! the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate. In the garden of Eden she was a singing and harp-playing prostitute. It was borne by two early Christian saints, one martyred under Emperor Hadrian, the other martyred under Diocletian. !luv Jesus. When you get born again, this abundant life … of According to the translation that is given in the bible the wife of Adam, Eve was later known to become Zoe. The Bereans "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:10-11). John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word...and the word was God." Does it also mean God’s life ? Zoe is life as God has in Himself! "John 1:4: "In him was life; and the life was"John 1:4: "life; and the life was the light of men. life real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed, in the portion even in this world of those who put their trust in Christ, but after the resurrection to be consummated by new accessions (among them a more perfect body), and to last for ever. The meaning of my name is life, My name is ——– Zoe——– and looked it up Ohh my goodness this is ligit for me I’m going to be baptized on Sunday any way so this is pretty cool for me!! 1 John 5:11-12 says, "...God has given us eternal life (Zoe) and this life (Zoe) is in His Son (Jesus). Middle name for Zoe: Emmeline . We hope this baby name information is useful to you. This name has been in the top 100 popular names since a quite a time. Zoe name meaning, origin, and more . New Testament Greek Lexicon - King James Version, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information, the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate, of the absolute fulness of life, both essential and ethical, which belongs to God, and through him both to the hypostatic "logos" and to Christ in whom the "logos" put on human nature. This female first name has a huge number of variants in different languages all around the world. I am trying to find the word zoe in the scripture. ZOE, a Greek word for life used multiple times in the Bible means eternal life or “The God-kind of life.”. Gender: For a girl. So glad you came and found out, Zoe! Hope this helps! "John 6:53: "blood, ye have no life in you. life. A Christian Soldier’s Perspective on Afghanistan. "John 6:51: "I will give for the life of the world. "Matthew 19:29: "shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. ZOE Name Meaning and History. The meaning of the name is the reason behind been given to Eve. Means "life" in Greek. New Testament Greek Lexicon - King James Version, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information, the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate, of the absolute fulness of life, both essential and ethical, which belongs to God, and through him both to the hypostatic "logos" and to Christ in whom the "logos" put on human nature. A biblical Christian name is a gift you can give your baby that will last a lifetime! Wordpress install services by CreativeWebGuru.com, The Stories & Meanings of Popular Christian & Biblical Names. “Life” is from the Greek “zoe”. the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Name pronunciation: ZOH-ee From early times it was adopted by Hellenized Jews as a translation of EVE. Popularity: #40. My name is Rene Zoe meaning life and born again. The name is said to be used for a huge number of famously known personalities both in the past as well as the present. dzo-ay'. Meaning of name: Life, abundant life, The Story Behind This Historical Christian Name. of the absolute fulness of life, both essential and ethical, which belongs to God, and through him both to the hypostatic "logos" and to Christ in whom the "logos" put on human nature from 2198; life (literally or figuratively):--life(-time). "John 10:10: "am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Zoe: The God-Kind of Life. my parents. Salem Media Group. © 2020 Christian Meaning of Names. All rights reserved. The name was common in the Byzantine Empire, being borne by a ruling empress of the 11th century. I love my name, and i wouldn’t change it for the world. These people are also meant to be independent and are quite friendly in nature. The best possible nicknames for these people are Zoie, Zoelle, Zoeline and Zoee. "John 6:27: "which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man"John 6:33: "heaven, and giveth life unto the world. They appear to be quite agreeable and compromising in the conversation but also can become forceful as well if in any case pressed far enough.

How To Get Periods Overnight, I Drank Too Much Caffeine And Now I'm Shaking, Is Lysol Advanced Toilet Bowl Cleaner Septic Safe, Phenyl Vs Benzyl, La Bendición Acordes, 16 Oz Bottle Pumps, Honeywell Hl09ceswk Window Kit, Feminist Movements Today,

No intelligent comments yet. Please leave one of your own!

Leave a Reply